Bananas are beautiful fruits ideal for summer.You can have in smoothies, salads, fried and our favorite: bread. I love banana bread with “mates” or “tetere” (South American herbal infusions), milk or tropical juices. Australia’s typical quick breakfast includes a coffee and banana bread slice. My friend Loli gave me the recipe a few years ago and is now a classic we prepare to welcome guests in our little house in the countryside. It’s quick, easy and delicious!
- 2 cups flour 0000
- 1 ½ cups sugar
- 1 teaspoon leavening powder
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 bananas in pieces
- 3 eggs
- 100 gr butter
- few drops vanilla
- 200 gr cream
Step by step:
1. Preheat oven to 180°C. Grease and line the base and side of an 11 x 21cm x 6cm deep (base) loaf pan or preferred container.
2. We will use two bowls: one for dry ingredients and another one for wet ones. I always start with the dry ones. Combine flours, sugar, leavening powder, sodium bicarbonate and salt. Stir in the bananas. *Tip: the bananas are better mature.
3. In the wet bowl: Whisk eggs, then add butter, vanilla and cream while continue to whisk.
4. Combine the two bowls in one, stir with spoon (don’t process or whisk up).
5. Spoon into prepared pan. Smooth the surface.
6. Bake for 10 minutess or until a skewer inserted into the center comes out clean. Set aside in the pan to cool before turning out onto a wire rack. Serve warm spread with butter or decorate with sugar.
- We hope you try this out and tell us how it was! Leave a comment with any questions and to share your experience. Bon appetite!
Photos and content: Pilar Luna