This week I started the I Quit Sugar Program. I’m excited about the process of acquiring healthy habits. You may think it could be boring to eliminate sugar from your diet, but actually the recipes in this program are amazing. I’ll share my favourite so far. Who said you can’t eat bread in a healthy diet?
- 1 1/2 cup almond meal
- 3/4 cups arrowroot flour
- 1/2 teaspoon bicarbonate of soda
- 5 eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoon apple cider vinegar
- 1 large zucchini, grated
- 1 large carrot, grated
- 1/2 cup finely grated Parmesan cheese
- 2 tablespoons pepitas
Step by Step
- Preheat the oven to 180ºC and line a standard loaf tin with baking paper.
- In a large bowl, mix together the almond meal, arrowroot, salt and bicarbonate of soda.
- In a separate bowl and using a fork, whisk the eggs lightly with the apple cider vinegar.
- Squeeze as much excess liquid out of the carrot and zucchini (very important so it’s not too moist), add to the eggs with cheese and whisk well.
- Add the mix to the dry ingredients, stir softly with a spoon. Add full mixture to loaf tin and add the pepitas on top.
- Bake for 40-45 minutes or until the top starts turning golden and a skewer comes out clean. Remove from the oven, transfer to a wire rack. Allow to cool for five minutes before slicing.
Source: I Quit Sugar ♦ Photos: Josefina Luna